7 Tips for Enjoying Healthy Breakfasts
Start your day with a nutritious well-balanced breakfast. Your body needs fuel to help it get through the day. By choosing a healthy breakfast, your helping your body avoid blood sugar spikes, as well as, avoiding the temptation to overeat throughout your day. Our bodies are our engines and if we use good fuel, or fuel it properly, we will run efficiently. Breakfast implies breaking the nightly fast, so it should be a nutritious breakfast. It is an important part of your day.
However, healthy breakfasts can be a challenge for those with busy lifestyles.
The good news is you can find a balance between your schedule and eating a healthy meal. It’s important to consider the long-term value of eating breakfast. This will give you a good reason to make the effort.
Try these tips to start your day off with a healthy breakfast:
1. Find the right combination. Breakfast is much more than just a cup of coffee and a bagel. The best breakfasts include many essential nutrients. Which include:
· Fiber, complex carbs (preferably whole grains), good fats, fruits/veggies, and protein into one meal. These nutrients will help you feel satiated throughout your day.
· You probably have favorite breakfast foods. Consider making them healthier with a few adjustments or additions.
2. Make oatmeal a staple. Oatmeal is a healthy, quick, and convenient breakfast option that can fill you up and keep you satisfied until your next meal. Steel cut oats are the best, but oatmeal packs are a great convenient option also. Give variety to your oatmeal and make it more flavorful by adding honey, milk, and fruit. Find your favorite toppings and spice it up.
3. Eat fruit, peanut butter, and toast for a quick breakfast. This powerful combo has protein and carbohydrates. They’re fast options and don’t take a lot of time to eat together.
4. Make a breakfast shake. Shakes aren’t limited to lunch or snacks. A healthy breakfast shake can include your choice of milk, protein powder, peanut butter, fruits, and vegetables.
5. Upgrade your scrambled eggs. Scrambled eggs can be even healthier when you add vegetables to them as you cook. Consider adding peppers, mushrooms, asparagus, or other favorites. You can also add cheese and bacon (real bacon bits or turkey bacon are a great low sodium option).
6. Make a fast sandwich. Sandwiches are easy to make and can help you feel full. Make your sandwich with whole grain bread, vegetables such as tomatoes, and add protein. Egg sandwiches are my favorite and don't take much time to make.
7. Try a fruit, granola/nut, and Greek yogurt parfait. A fruit parfait with your favorite granola and healthy, high protein Greek yogurt is a good way to start your day. Add your favorite fruit and voila.
Breakfast is crucial to staying fit and healthy, so avoid skipping it. Use these tips to make your meal both easy and enjoyable. Something as simple as breakfast can make a big impact on your day. Studies show that eating a smart and healthy breakfast can improve your performance at work and school. A healthy breakfast stabilizes glucose levels, which are important for proper brain function. Starting your day with a healthy breakfast also improves your level of concentration and memory. By choosing a healthy breakfast daily, you're gifting your body the right amount of nutrients that benefit your overall health.